Terms of Service
By accessing this web site you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use all applicable laws and regulations and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Hennen's Observer's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Hennen's Observer's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Hennen's Observer at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
3. Sharing Your Material
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos, videos, short stories, poetry, audio clips ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Hennen's Observer ("IP License"). This includes the rights to:
- Reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, and otherwise use the IP content or derivative work thereof, in whole or in part, in any manner and matter or in combination with any other material, in any format or media, whether now existing or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, text, data, images, photographs, illustrations, animation and graphics, video, audio, and all formats of computer readable electronic, magnetic, digital, laser, or optical-based media (the "Works");
- Use and permit to be used, voice, likeness, and biographic information, whether in original or modified form, in connection with the Works as Hennen's Observer may choose; and
- Publicly display, publicly perform, sell, rent, distribute (directly or indirectly), transmit, or broadcast the Works by any means now known or hereafter devised.
You waive any right that you may have to prior inspection or approval of the Works. You further waive any and all rights of privacy, publicity, or any other rights of a similar nature in connection with the Works, or any portion thereof, including without limitation your name and likeness, or any advertising or publicity relating thereto. You expressly release Hennen's Observer from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, or causes of action whether now known or unknown, for defamation, copyright infringement, violation of moral right, and invasion of the rights to privacy, publicity, or personality or any similar matter, or based upon or relating to the use and exploitation of the IP content.
You warrant that you are fully authorized to grant the rights granted in this License. You understand that Hennen's Observer will rely on the contents of this License and you shall not have the right to enjoin the exploitation of the IP content or to rescind any rights granted to Hennen's Observer hereunder. You agree that Hennen's Observer is under no obligation to use, distribute, exhibit, or exploit the IP content.
4. Protecting Copyrights and other Intellectual Property
Hennen's Observer respects the intellectual property of others, and requires that our users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. It is Hennen's Observer's policy to terminate, in appropriate circumstances, the membership of repeat infringers.
If you believe your work has been copied and posted on or through Hennen's Observer in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send Hennen's Observer Copyright Agent a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Hennen's Observer website (providing the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material satisfies this requirement); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (e) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notification is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. Hennen's Observer's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, Hennen's Observer, 9660 Falls of Neuse Road, Suite 138, #281, Raleigh, NC 27615; Phone: (919) 986-9719; Attn: Copyright Agent. Hennen's Observer's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can also be reached electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The materials on Hennen's Observer's web site are provided "as is". Hennen's Observer makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Hennen's Observer does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Hennen's Observer or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Hennen's Observer's Internet site, even if Hennen's Observer or a Hennen's Observer authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
7. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Hennen's Observer's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Hennen's Observer does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Hennen's Observer may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Hennen's Observer does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Hennen's Observer has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Hennen's Observer of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
10. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Hennen's Observer's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Last revised: June 11th, 2010